Monday, March 15, 2010

Stress relief

     To my surprise, while browsing for crochet patterns I came to find out some interesting stuff. Did you know it has been proven that crocheting and knitting are effective to relief stress, anxiety, depression.
     It is especially useful with those in pain as well. While doing the repetitive movements and stitches it is known to help the brain, thus relaxing it, which can lower blood pressure, help the heart rate and even boost the immune system! Needlework has helped many, the calming effect this has on the brain is also beneficial to children with ADHD, reducing disruptive behavior!

So get out the needles and work those fingers while relieving stress! Not only will you get an awesome finished project, but maybe even a better you!

1 comment:

Mrs. Rebecca Rizzuti said...

Wow! I didn't know that! I was just going to sit down and work on a sock, too. Stress-relieving *and* practical! Who would have known!

I'm more of a knitter myself. I love, love, love the Portuguese knitting style because it even further reduces stress on the hands (I have arthritis). I highly recommend trying it!